Vegan Blueberry Muffins (No Eggs)
Vegan Blueberry Muffins that are easy to make, moist and fluffy! Made with applesauce and spelt flour for a healthy muffin for the family.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 standard muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I use 1/2 cup for muffins we eat at home, 3/4 cup for muffins I might bring to share at a potluck)
- 2/3 cup oat milk (or other dairy-free milk alternative)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil - melted
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen; I use fresh)
Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190° C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a small bowl, mix together the oat milk, apple sauce and cider vinegar.
In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the melted coconut oil. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Evenly distribute the batter into the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Remove from oven and after a few minutes, transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy warm, and store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.2mg