Mint Hot Cacao (Vegan, GF)
Get a superfood boost with this Mint Hot Cacao! Made with the nutrient-rich cacao powder, a few drops of refreshing peppermint oil, almond milk and coconut palm sugar.
Prep Time 1 minute
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 large mugs
- 2 3/4 cups almond milk (24 ounces / 680 milliliters)
- 3 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (or to taste)
- 2-4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- marshmallows (for topping, optional)
- candy canes (for topping, optional)
In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the almond milk until warmed. Whisk in the cacao powder, coconut palm sugar, 2 drops of the peppermint essential oil, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
Taste and add in more peppermint essential oil or coconut palm sugar as desired.
Serve warm, with or without a handful of marshmallows and a candy cane topper.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 413mg | Iron: 0.2mg