Yogurt Breakfast Bowl with Poached Pears, Figs, Granola and Salted Caramel Sauce
A Yogurt Breakfast Bowl is a healthy and delicious treat to start the day. This Yogurt Breakfast Bowl is topped with poached pears, figs, granola, and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 6 cups water (1.5 liters)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (400 grams)
- 2 vanilla pods - sliced lengthwise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 knob ginger
- 10 cardamon pods - lightly crushed with a rolling pin
- 8 cloves
- 4 whole pears - peeled with the stem left on
- 4 whole figs - washed and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups Greek yogurt (500 grams)
- granola (for topping)
- Marks & Spencers Salted Caramel Sauce (for topping)
In a medium sized pot, add in the water, sugar, vanilla pod, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, and cloves. Heat on medium-high heat until almost boiling, stirring occasionally.
Turn the heat down to low, and add in the pears. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove the pears using a slotted spoon. Slice the poached pears and discard the core.
Evenly divide the Greek yogurt into four bowls. Top each bowl with the sliced poached pears, figs, and a handful of granola. Finish with a drizzle of warmed salted caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 109g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 104g | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg