Breakfast Cereal Cookies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 grams) - room temperature
- 1/4 cup unrefined golden caster sugar (55 grams)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar (50 grams)
- 1 medium egg - room temperature
- 3/4 cup spelt flour or all-purpose flour (105 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cereal flakes (60 grams)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (120 grams)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (45 grams)
Preheat oven to 350°F/176°C.
In a large bowl, using an electric beater on medium speed, cream together the butter, sugars and egg until smooth.
Add in the flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed until well combined.
Mix in the cereal flakes, dried cranberries and rolled oats. The dough will be stiff, so you may need to do it by hand, otherwise continue using the electric beater on low speed until well mixed.
Drop by rounded 2-tablespoons onto a baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Calories: 1094kcal | Carbohydrates: 149g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Cholesterol: 203mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 83g | Vitamin A: 35.7% | Vitamin C: 3.6% | Calcium: 6.9% | Iron: 43.8%