Hot Pumpkin Spice Drink (GF, Vegan and Dairy-Free Option)
If you’re looking for something cozy, this Hot Pumpkin Spice Drink is exactly what you need! It’s delicious in the morning as a coffee substitute, and comforting in the evening when you need to wind down and relax. You can think of it as a hot chocolate made with pumpkin, or a pumpkin spice latte without the espresso.
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 2 cups milk (use a dairy-free milk alternative for a vegan option - oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (use more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- whipped cream - for topping (use a dairy-free alternative for a vegan option)
- pumpkin spice - for sprinkling on top
In a small saucepan, heat the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin spice on medium heat, until it is just about to boil, stirring frequently.
Pour into cups and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of additional pumpkin spice.
If you have an Instant Pot, and lofty ambitions to make your own pumpkin puree, here's a great recipe and tutorial for Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 28990IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 2.8mg