Healthy Seed Granola Healthy Seed Granola (Vegan, GF)
This crunchy seeded granola is delicious served on top of yogurt. Gluten free and vegan.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 14 1/4 cup servings
- 1/4 cup sugar (you can reduce the amount of sugar by half, as desired)
- 1/4 cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons light flavored oil (such as sunflower oil)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (jumbo rolled oats) (use a GF variety)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flaxseeds (linseeds)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (flaked almonds)
Preheat the oven to 300°F / 150°C.
Add the sugar, honey, and oil in a small saucepan, and place over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir occasionally.
While the sugar is dissolving, in a large bowl, mix together everything else.
Once the sugar mixture is completely dissolved, slowly pour it over the oat mixture, stirring until the oat mixture is completely and evenly covered.
Pour the granola onto 1 large roasting tray, and distribute it evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, then stir the granola. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until the granola is a pale golden brown. The granola will harden completely once it is cool.
Set granola aside to cool completely on the pan before storing in airtight containers.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 4.2% | Iron: 7.7%