Breakfast Falafel Salad
This Breakfast Falafel Salad is a quick, savory, filling and healthy vegetarian breakfast idea. Looking for what to do with falafels? You'll love this easy and healthy falafel salad. Made with Greek yogurt dressing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 bag salad leaves (I use baby leaf greens) (6 ounces / 170 grams) - washed
- 6-8 whole falafels
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs - peeled
- red cabbage (approx 1/2 cup) - washed and shredded
- cucumber (approx 1/4 of a regular-sized cucumber) - washed and chopped
For the Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
In a bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, sea salt and pepper.
Arrange the salad leaves evenly on two plates, and top with falafels, egg, red cabbage, and cucumber. Drizzle on as much dressing as desired. Alternatively, place all the salad ingredients in the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 372mg | Potassium: 161mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 915IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg