Easy Sweet Potato Pancakes with Marshmallow Sauce
This Sweet Potato Pancake recipe is a delicious breakfast that is easy to make. If you are looking for what to do with leftover sweet potatoes, you'll love these easy sweet potato pancakes. I topped it with marshmallow sauce, but you can keep it healthy by leaving that off.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 10 pancakes
For the sweet potato pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (480 milliliters)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes - cooked, peeled and mashed (about 3/4 cups (200 grams) of mashed sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (280 grams) (or a mixture of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 small piece chocolate - for grating on top
For the marshmallow sauce
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff (170 grams)
- 3 tablespoons water
To make the sweet potato pancakes
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Beat in the sweet potato. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the sweet potato mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat the pan in a very thin layer of oil.
Drop the pancake batter by ¼ cups.
When the pancakes start to bubble around the edges (about 2 minutes), flip and cook for about 2 more minutes.
To make the marshmallow sauce
In a small saucepan over low heat, mix together the marshmallow fluff and water. Heat, stirring constantly, until well combined and the marshmallow sauce is shiny, about 5 minutes.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 266mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3.2% | Calcium: 13.8% | Iron: 8.1%