To celebrate Mexican Independence Day last week, Old El Paso invited me to a Mexican themed cooking class at The Underground Cookery School. I gladly attended because my mouth waters at the thought of Mexican food, and I always want to learn new tips and tricks in the kitchen. Cooking classes are a whole lot of fun because:
1. Everyone jumps in and the food is prepared in no time! Dice a tomato or two between all the conversation and wine, and somehow, the guacamole is done!
2. You meet many many new people! This class was full of other London bloggers. Here to say hello is Country Mouse Claire. She teaches at a boys school and goes to silent discos. You'll have to ask her to show you her dance moves, but she might just teach you her "mixing the guacamole" move.
3. You get to wear these awesome blue rubber gloves! Not only does it make you feel like a professional cook, it makes you feel invincible while deboning a chicken. Maybe it was also because other people were watching, but for the first time, I didn't squirm when I had to touch raw meat.
4. You have someone to share the decadent chocolate dessert with! Because I had to share the torte with everyone else, I only got a slice of the dessert, and didn't over eat (that's a good thing, I think!). This is Stefanie Grace, melting the chocolate and butter together on a double boiler.
5. You don't have to do the dishes at the end! Eat up, drink up, chat and mingle, and that's it! You really get to just focus on cooking, eating and spending time with the people around you. That's really what it is all about!