Honey Espresso Almond Butter is so delicious and addicting that someone may have to pry the jar away from your hands so you don't finish it in one sitting. It has a bold flavor that pairs exceptionally well with toast for breakfast.
Enter below to win a Von Shef 1000W Food Processor. This post and giveaway is sponsored by Domu.co.uk.
Hello. I'm back again to talk to you more about homemade almond butters. You may have just seen the recipe I posted for DIY Almond Butter. In that post, I mention that one of the reasons why I love making almond butter at home is because I can easily make different flavored almond butters.
Today, I'm putting action to that phrase. Here's a recipe for one of my favorite homemade almond butter flavors, Honey Espresso Almond Butter.
Honey spresso Almond Butter is so delicious and addicting that I eat it by the spoonful every time I make it.
Almond is still the primary taste in this almond butter, but the espresso gives it a rich aftertaste that is smooth and bold.
Add Espresso and Honey to Almond Butter for a rich bold taste
As the name implies, I sweeten this espresso almond butter with honey (or maple syrup if you want a vegan option), and the honey is like the friend with super long arms. It gives a giant bear hug to the espresso and almonds, and the three flavors are like best friends that should never be separated.
Together, espresso and honey (or maple syrup) transforms a simple homemade almond butter into an addicting concoction that will have to be pried from your hands so you don't finish the entire jar in one sitting...as if almond butter itself wasn't addicting enough.
Homemade Honey Espresso Almond Butter is delicious for breakfast on toast
The process for making Honey Espresso Almond Butter is almost the same as DIY Almond Butter. You make plain almond butter, but at the very end, you add instant espresso and honey (or maple syrup).
You can watch the full transformation from almond to almond butter in my DIY Almond Butter post, but here's a quick glimpse of the transformation in these photos.
When you start processing the almonds, they look simply like chopped nuts you'd sprinkle on top of a cake.
Keep going with the food processor. The almonds will start looking crumbly and gritty. Keep going and it will become like wet sand at the beach.
Keep on going, and all of a sudden, the almonds will release their oils and you'll see a smooth almond butter texture.
Making homemade almond butter should take only a few minutes
At that point, stop the food processor and add in the espresso and honey, then process a little longer, until the espresso and honey are mixed in. You can also finish stirring by hand.
You don't want to add the espresso and honey in too early because the liquid in the honey may cause the oils from the almonds to clump together, leaving you with almond butter that is lumpy and difficult to spread.
Depending on the food processor you use, the whole process might take between 5 - 10 minutes.
The Von Shef 1000W Food Processor that I use is very powerful, so it only takes about 5 minutes to make almond butter. I do have to stop it a few times to scrape down the sides, just to make sure all the almonds process evenly. But there's no need to rest the motor. However, keep in mind that you might need to rest your food processor, depending on the model that you use.
Enter to win a giveaway for a food processor
If the reason you haven't made homemade almond butter before is because you don't have a food processor, it's your lucky day! I'm partnering with Von Shef to give away this food processor so you can make your own batch of Honey Espresso Almond Butter.
The 1000W Von Shef Food Processor can do a lot more than make almond butter. It can also:
- Chop, blend, mix, purée, grate, shred and make dough
- Prepare vegetables, salads, soups, sauces, smoothies dips, purées in seconds
- Process big batches of food at once with large 3.5-litre capacity bowl and generous 1.8-litre blender jar
If you would like to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Please read the rules they form the terms and conditions of this giveaway
- Closing date – October 15, 2017
- Open to UK residents over 18 years of age (sorry to all my international and under-18 readers!)
Espresso Almond ButterPrint Recipe Save RecipeSaved!
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1-3 teaspoons light oil (peanut oil, grapeseed oil, safflower oil all work well) - if needed
- Place the almonds in a food processor. Process until the almonds have released their oils and you have a smooth almond butter, about 5-10 minutes, depending on your food processor. During the process, you may need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides of the container a few times. During the process, you may also want to stop your food processor and allow it to rest, to avoid burning out the motor.
- Add in the instant espresso and honey, and pulse until everything is combined. If the nut butter is too thick, dry or clumpy, add in the oil 1 teaspoon at a time, briefly pulsing after each addition, until you achieve the consistency that you like.
- Transfer the espresso almond butter into a container. Cover and refrigerate.
So bummed I'm not eligible, I'd so love to try this!!! I can grind but butters fresh at my market, so maybe I'll try running a bit of espresso & honey through it at home :-)