This Funfetti Waffle recipe is packed with sprinkles to give a burst of color with every bite. The recipe gives you waffles that are cake-like in taste and texture. This is a fun birthday breakfast idea that adults and kids will love.
Every birthday should start with a fun and festive birthday breakfast! You might feel that the morning is too early for a big slice of birthday cake, but it doesn't mean that you can't have a special breakfast. Need a birthday breakfast idea?
Make your breakfast birthday special with this colorful Funfetti Waffle recipe
It was my birthday a few days ago and I spent the day walking around with my jar of sprinkles, adding them on everything. A bit of sprinkles here, a bit of sprinkles there. Oh, waffles for breakfast? Yes, of course! And I'll add some sprinkles in that too!
Maybe because I just turned 31, or maybe because we're expecting our little one in less than 10 days, I just needed to feel like a kid again on my birthday. These Funfetti Waffles for my birthday breakfast really did the trick, especially when I topped it with ice cream.
Stack Funfetti Waffles into a fun breakfast birthday cake
You can eat these waffles one at a time, but it's way more fun to stack these birthday Funfetti Waffles up tall and high, top it with an ice cream, and light a candle on top. Voila, and you have a delicious breakfast birthday cake!
This Funfetti Waffle recipe is based on a funfetti cupcake recipe, but I tweaked it so it's sturdy enough to hold up as a waffle, while keeping its cake-like taste and texture on the inside.
A birthday breakfast idea that is fun for kids and adults
I tried making a few sauces that tasted like frosting to go with this recipe. But in the end, I decided that a scoop of ice cream is all that this Funfetti Waffle needs. If you are going all out for your birthday, by all means, drizzle on some maple syrup too.
If you are looking for a recipe idea for a breakfast birthday party or brunch birthday party, this Funfetti Waffle can be served at a fun waffle bar. You can make the batter, set out a couple waffle irons, and let the guests make their own waffles.
Host a breakfast birthday party and guests will love these funfetti waffles
On the waffle bar, set out some favorite waffle toppings - whipped cream, ice cream, chocolate syrup, maple syrup, chocolate chips. And most importantly, don't forget to include a jar of sprinkles!
Make birthday morning even more special! Serve this with Sprinkle Rimmed Glasses.
Funfetti WafflesPrint Recipe Save Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter - melted
- 2 medium eggs - beaten
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon quality vanilla extract
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles (jimmies / hundreds-and-thousands / cylinder variety)
- vanilla ice cream - for serving
- extra sprinkles - for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, eggs, sugar, milk, creme fraiche, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and stir together until incorporated. Do not over mix, and a few small lumps are fine. Slowly stir in the sprinkles, but again, do not over mix as the sprinkles may start to bleed color (this will be dependent on the brand of sprinkles you use).
- Pour or scoop the mixture into a hot waffle iron (I used a ¼ cup measuring cup for each waffle, but waffle makers vary). Cook waffles for 3 ½ - 4 minutes, until light brown and cooked through. Once done, transfer the waffles to a cooling rack. The waffles are very soft and light in color when they are done, but will quickly start to hold its shape once it starts to cool.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkles on top.