This Peppermint Mocha Puppuccino is a pet-friendly version of the favorite holiday drink. Made with goat's milk, peppermint and carob (caffeine-free). I like to savor my coffees, one sip at a time. Kili, on the other hand, didn't stop lapping until she was at the bottom of her mug.
If there's one thing I can't wait to do, it's ordering a babyccino at a coffee shop. It was always one of the highlights of my day when I was working as a barista to have a parent come in with their little one and then the little one puts her hands on the counter, peers over as much as she can (I don't know why barista counters are always so tall), and orders a babyccino.
For the uninitiated, a babyccino is just warm milk with a dash of cocoa powder on top.
Then I heard from my friend recently that she went to a cafe which served PUPPUCCINO's (puppy-ccinos).
A Puppuccino recipe that your dog will lap up
I can't tell whether that's super bizarre or super cute, but I loved the idea. Since it's Christmas and I'm all about the peppermint mochas, I decided to show Kili a taste of the holidays with this Peppermint Mocha Puppuccino.
There's no actual coffee in this recipe (don't worry), and it's made with carob instead of cocoa (the dog-safe version of chocolate).
How to make a puppuccino
Technically, that makes this a Peppermint Hot Carob. But that didn't sound lipsmacking enough to Kili, so we've just called it a Peppermint Mocha Puppuccino.
To make a puppuccino, you simply need to warm up some dog friendly goat's milk, steep some fresh mint, and mix in some carob powder. You can find various brands of dog friendly goat's milk, so pick one that is suitable for dog.
She didn't quite know how to drink out of a mug at first, but once I showed her how to dunk her biscuit into the Peppermint Mocha Puppuccino, and she had a taste of her biscuit, she wouldn't stop lapping up her puppuccino.
Treat your dog to this puppuccino recipe
I like to savor my coffees, one sip at a time. Kili, on the other hand, didn't stop until she was at the bottom of her mug.
Peppermint Mocha Puppuccino Recipe - Goat's Milk with Carob and MintPrint Recipe Save Recipe
- 1 teaspoon carob powder
- 1 handful mint leaves
- ¾ cup goat's milk for dogs (175ml) (I used TopLife brand, but use one suitable for your dog)
- carob powder - for topping
- In a mug, steep the mint leaves in ¼ cup boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove the mint leaves.
- Add the carob powder into the hot water and whisk to dissolve all the powder.
- In a separate cup, heat the goat's milk in the microwave until warm, about 45 seconds. Check to make sure it is not too hot for your dog. Whisk the milk until it is a bit frothy. Pour the milk into the mug.
- Sprinkle the top with additional carob powder and serve immediately.
As always, check with your vet if you have any questions or concerns about how and what to feed your pet.