Banana Oatmeal Pancakes that are gluten free, flourless, and delicious! You’ll love these light and fluffy GF pancakes made without flour.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are gluten free, flourless, and healthy
If you are looking for Banana Oatmeal Pancakes that are gluten free, made without flour, and delicious, look no further. This recipe checks all those boxes. Most importantly, these pancakes are healthy and fluffy.
When I say these are flourless banana pancakes, I mean exactly that.
These Banana Pancakes contain no flour at all. They are made without wheat flour. They also do not contain any commercially produced gluten free flour substitutes.
Often, recipes for gluten free pancakes simply swap out regular flour for a gluten free flour mix. This recipe doesn’t do that.
How do you make gluten free banana pancakes?
So, how do you make a banana pancake without any flour? It’s easy. Full recipe is below, but here’s a quick run down.
Ingredients for Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Use the following ingredients for these flourless banana pancakes:
- ripe bananas
- gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- almond flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
TIP: I always have great success cooking with these gluten-free old fashioned oats. Plus they are organic, and come in a handy canister.
Steps for making Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
This Banana Oatmeal Pancake is incredibly easy. To make the pancake batter, you just need to blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
This is a blender banana oatmeal pancake recipe
Personally, I often use an immersion blender and just blend everything in a tall measuring jug with pouring spout. If I’m not 100% concerned about getting picture-perfect round pancakes, I’ll just gently pour the batter directly on the pan.
TIP: A tall measuring jug with pouring spout is incredibly handy for all sorts of recipes. More often than not, I use it as a mixing bowl for anything that requires pouring.
Tips for making pancakes with oatmeal
I add oats to pancakes all the time and there are a couple of ways to do it. This Banana Oatmeal Pancake recipe uses the blender method.
But in case you are curious, there are a few other ways you can make pancakes with oatmeal.
You can also zap the oatmeal in the microwave before adding it into the pancake batter, like in this Vegan Oatmeal Pancake recipe.
Alternatively, you can just add oats directly in a pancake batter, like in this Healthy Apple Pancakes. You get a bit of texture by doing so. You can also use oat flour, which is essentially finely milled oats.
If you really like oatmeal pancakes, here’s another blender method gluten-free oat pancakes: Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Oats.
Make this a healthy Banana Oatmeal Pancake
I think of these banana egg oatmeal pancakes as healthy for several reasons.
- There is no added sugar in these pancakes
- Oats provide lots of fiber
- Almond flour provides protein, vitamin E and magnesium. (more health benefits of using almond flour)
To give these pancakes an extra boost of health, you can also add in the following (without much notice to taste or texture):
- up to 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed for extra omega-3 and fiber
- up to 2 tablespoons of quinoa flour for fiber, iron and protein
Enjoy these fluffy and delicious gluten free banana pancakes
I really hope you love these fluffy banana pancakes. We love them in our household, and make them often.
May they find a regular place on your breakfast table too.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (Gluten Free, Flourless, Dairy Free)Print Recipe
- 2 large bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients together using a blender or an immersion blender. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Drop the pancakes on to make 3-inch pancakes. Cook until the sides look dried and there are a few bubbles on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, until the pancakes are done.