Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! This Chestnut Chocolate Spread is made with the seasonal favorite -- Chestnuts. It's delicious on a simple slice of bread, but it can also be used as a spread on anything you would put Nutella on - waffles, pancakes, crackers, a spoon...
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas! It's Christmas eve, the Christmas music is blaring, the rain is coming down (it's not exactly snow, but close enough), and what's making this morning special is a slice of bread with Chestnut Chocolate Spread.
This Chestnut Chocolate Spread is a bit like Nutella, but instead of hazelnuts, it's made with the seasonal favorite -- Chestnuts.
It's delicious on a simple slice of bread, but it can also be used as a spread on anything you would put Nutella on - waffles, pancakes, crackers, a spoon.
The chestnut flavor is very mild and pleasant, and gives the spread an earthy taste. It is especially good for those who always wished they could adjust the level of sweetness in Nutella.
Use the best quality dark chocolate that you can in this Chestnut Chocolate Spread because the chocolate is such an important ingredient in this recipe. The amount of sugar you add into the spread will also depend on the chocolate you use.
The darker the chocolate, the more sugar you'll likely want to add. But of course, that depends on how big of a sweet tooth you have :)
Since it's a rainy day today, we're just going to be lounging around inside. Later this afternoo
n, I'm putting on a movie, curling up on the couch with a jar of this Chocolate Chestnut spread and dipping my bag of pretzels in it. Maybe I'll even leave some of it out for Santa this evening (if there's any left!).
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year!
Chestnut Chocolate Spread (GF)Print Recipe Save RecipeSaved!
- ¾ cup chestnut puree (200 grams)
- ½ cup double cream (100 grams)
- 3 ½ ounces dark chocolate (100 grams) - chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons caster sugar (15-30 grams) - as desired
- Add the chopped chocolate into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the double cream and chestnut puree until just simmering.
- Pour the hot cream mix over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add in the sugar as desired.
- Serve the Chestnut Chocolate Spread warm, or store in the refrigerator to serve chilled. The Chestnut Chocolate Spread will thicken in the refrigerator, but will remain a spreadable consistency (like that of Nutella).