Good morning! We have a guest blogger on The Worktop today! Jasmine from The Blenderist is sharing a bit about mornings on her worktop. She also made some Banana Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes, and they look delicious! You can find her recipe below.
I host guest posts on The Worktop to introduce you to other food bloggers that I enjoy following. I invite them to answer a few short questions and to share one of their yummy breakfast recipes. Jasmine is a Blender Cuisine Evangelists. While she doesn't exclusively eat blender foods (because you can't really throw pizza and sushi in a blender, she says), she is a pro when it comes to creative and mouthwatering blender recipes. So read on, go ahead and meet Jasmine, and start drooling when you see her Banana Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes! You'll have to hop on over to The Blenderist to find some of her great blender creations!
Good morning Jasmine!
What's the name of your blog?
Can you tell us about your blog?
I started my blog in 2014 because I wanted to share my favourite blender-based creations. It’s since expanded to include non-blender recipes. My raw desserts are very popular because they are typically vegan and gluten-free. I’m an omnivore, but I’m always trying to eat more nutrient dense, simple, whole foods. I would also like to add that my website is a “diet-free zone”. I never talk about dieting or weight-loss. I would rather people get that advice from their doctors or nutrition experts.
What city do you live in?
I live in Vancouver, British Columbia. It’s lovely here, but so expensive. I have no intention of moving, unless I can find a way to move to Japan!
What Are Mornings On Your Worktop Like?
Do you eat breakfast every morning?
Yes, but it’s typically a little late...10 or 11 am.
Do you eat breakfast before or after you brush your teeth?
After, I usually have coffee immediately after waking up, then breakfast and then brush my teeth.
How do you take your coffee?
Creamy and sugary!
Eggs: how do you like them prepared?
Sunny-side up with ketchup and toast!
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
I love a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar and cream.
Now just wait a minute... I've been having smoothies for breakfast almost every day here. It's funny to hear that The Blenderist doesn't even have a blended breakfast!
That is a good question about the breakfast! I usually have a smoothie as my mid-morning snack…you could call it second breakfast! I find that a smoothie + a huge coffee is too much liquid first thing in the morning. I have a smoothie almost every day, but it’s usually around noon or 1pm!
It’s so great to get to know you! Now, can you please share a recipe with us?
Absolutely! You probably thought I’d share a healthy green smoothie recipe, but I’m going with something chocolate-y. Chocolate is my true culinary love! Here is a recipe for banana chocolate chip vegan pancakes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes by The BlenderistPrint Recipe Save RecipeSaved!
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed virgin coconut oil - melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 medium banana - mashed
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (bittersweet or semi-sweet) (use a vegan option)
- banana slices, chocolate chips and real maple syrup - for serving
- In a small bowl, mix the ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoon of water. This is a chia-egg. Let it sit for about 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and stir.
- Add the almond milk, coconut oil and chia-egg mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Add the mashed banana and chocolate chips and stir until evenly mixed.
- Heat a well oiled pan or griddle to medium-high.
- Scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter and pour it on to the hot pan.
- Let it cook until it starts to bubble on top and feels firm on the sides (about 2-3 minutes).
- Flip each pancake over and let cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with banana slices, chocolate chips and real maple syrup.