This Apple and Peanut Butter Smoothie takes an all-time favorite snack and turns it into a grab ‘n go breakfast! It’s delicious, super easy to make, and will give you a great start to the morning! It’s also a great afternoon pick-me-up, or a perfect snack to have before hitting the gym.
Here’s the classic combination of apples and peanut butter in a drinkable grab ‘n go form. It’s perfect for those busy mornings when you don’t have the time to sit down or make a hearty pulled pork omelette, but it will still fill you up with a lot of goodness.
Besides being entirely delicious and simple to make, this Apple Peanut Butter Smoothie checks off everything you might want in a breakfast:
- Two types of fruit — remember the saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away? With this smoothie, you not only get an apple, but also a banana (whoo a bonus!).
- A good glob of all-natural peanut butter — a great source of protein and vitamin E. Make sure you use an all-natural peanut butter so there’s no added sugar in it. I used my favorite peanut butter by London’s Pip & Nut, and it’s so good that I’ve teamed up with them to give you a chance to win your own jars below! Pip pip horray!
- A generous pour of oat milk — you can use almond milk or regular cow’s milk, but oat milk offers more fiber and beta-glutens (which can help control blood cholesterol level) than other milk alternatives, so it’s a great choice to use in this quick breakfast.
Peanut butter on apple slices have always been a favorite of mine, and when I love something, I normally just keep having it over and over again. But I’m so glad I made this smoothie — it was one of those eye-opening “yumm-mmm” moments! Now, whenever I crave apples and peanut butter, I never know whether I should have it the “classic” way, or in this new Apple Peanut Butter Smoothie. It’s a good problem to have.
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen for at least 30 minutes
- 2 small apples, cored
- ½ cup oat milk (or any other type of milk as preferred)
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- handful of ice cubes
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.