Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes are so easy to make for breakfast! You only need 3-ingredients for this recipe: eggs, cream cheese and almond flour. These low carb cream cheese pancakes are suitable for keto diet, low-carb diet, and diabetics.
We love these Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes for breakfast. Why? Not only are they tasty, these pancakes are so easy to make because you only need 3 ingredients!
With this recipe, you get cream cheese pancakes that are crepe-like. It means that these pancakes are thin and tasty. You can then top it, fold it or roll it with your favorite pancake toppings.
Make Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes that are low carb, gluten free, diabetic friendly
Can you eat pancakes on a keto diet?
I love being the bearer of good news (who doesn't?) - you most certainly can eat pancakes on a keto diet! This is a great pancake recipe for those on a ketogenic diet. This keto pancake recipe is also suitable for low-carb diet, diabetic diet, and sugar-free diet.
How do you make low carb pancakes?
While the most striking image of pancakes is probably a sky high stack loaded with carbs and sugar, you can make delicious pancakes that are low carb. This is a very versatile pancake recipe with few ingredients.
For this low carb cream cheese pancake, you'll need the following ingredients:
- cream cheese
- almond flour
- pinch of salt (optional)
- butter (for the griddle)
To make the pancakes, simply mix the ingredients together in a blender. Then cook the batter on a griddle for about 1 minute on each side.
Does that sound too easy? It's hard to believe until you try it yourself. And that's why these pancakes make a great weekday breakfast for the entire family.
Is Cream Cheese okay for a Keto Diet?
You can definitely eat cream cheese on a keto and low-carb diet. The exact carb count can vary based on the brand of cream cheese you use, so check the packaging if you want exact information.
Are eggs keto?
Eggs are keto and low carb, making them an ideal breakfast food. A large egg contains 1 gram of carb and 7 grams of high-quality protein. Eggs also contain iron, vitamins, minerals and carotenoids.
You get 1 egg per 3 of these Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes.
Is almond flour OK on keto?
Almond flour is low-carb, and healthy to eat on a keto diet. Almond flour is made by grinding whole almonds down to a fine flour consistency.
You can buy blanched and unblanched almond flour. I always use unblanched almond flour for this recipe because it is less processed, and has more nutrients, minerals and fiber.
Blanched almond flour is soaked in hot water, cooled off, then skin removed. It makes a lighter, whiter and fluffier flour. You need blanched almond flour for pastries such as macaroons.
But since we are making keto pancakes with almond flour here, and we want to be as healthy as possible, you don't need almond flour that has been extra processed.
Use an unblanched almond flour in this pancake recipe to get more fiber, calcium, iron, and vitamin E!
This is a very versatile keto pancake recipe. They are delicious even plain without any topping. But you can enjoy these cream cheese pancakes either with a sweet topping or with a savory topping.
Add your favorite toppings on these keto pancakes
To make this low carb cream cheese pancake into a sweet breakfast, I recommend adding a bit of lemon zest, cinnamon, or vanilla in the pancake batter before cooking.
If you are planning to enjoy this as a savory cream cheese keto pancake, you can add a bit more salt or a pinch of black pepper in the pancake batter.
Delicious Keto pancake topping ideas:
- Crumbled bacon and butter
- Berries (raspberries, blackberries and strawberries)
- Smoked salmon and crème fraîche
- Nut butters such as almond butter, peanut butter
- Toasted coconut flakes (try this, which only contains coconut and sea salt)
- Sugar-free maple flavored syrup, such as this one made with monk fruit
- This Homemade Low-Carb Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- This Sugar-Free Low-Carb Cinnamon Butter
What can you eat for breakfast on a Keto Diet?
If you are looking for ideas on what you can eat for breakfast on a keto diet, fortunately there are many options. Of course, these Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes is a great recipe to get you started.
But these other breakfast recipes are also great choices for a low-carb, keto, or diabetic breakfast:
- Tuna Omelette
- Vegan Bulletproof Coffee
- Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
- Chinese Steamed Eggs.
Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes with Almond FlourPrint Recipe Save RecipeSaved!
- 4 ounces cream cheese (about ½ cup)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons almond flour (I always use unblanched almond flour)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- butter - for cooking the pancakes
- Blend everything together in a blender to make the pancake batter. It is a very thin batter.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat. Melt a bit of butter on the pan. Slowly drop the pancake batter on the griddle using a tablespoon. The pan should be hot enough so the pancake batter starts to cook immediately on contact. As the pancake batter is runny, to get circular pancakes, slowly pour on the pancake batter so it thickens as it comes in contact with the griddle. That way, the batter doesn't all quickly spread around the pan in random shapes.Help spread the batter outwards and into a circle shape with the back of a spoon. Use 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake for 3-inch pancakes.Alternatively, to make it quickly if you aren't bothered by perfectly circular pancakes, simply pour on the pancake batter and allow it to spread evenly across the pan. Cook for about 1 minute, then flip and cook for another minute or so, until cooked through.